Stretch marks are small benign marks that can appear during a quick weight gain. They are due to a loosening of the skin elasticity.
They can sometimes aesthetically bother, particularly during pregnancy where they can appear on the mother’s stomach and/or breast. There are different ways to avoid them and, if they are already here, to reduce them.
How can you anticipate the appearance of stretch marks?
- Maximise your hydration throughout your pregnancy: it will allow your skin to better resist body changes,
- Be consistent in the use of moisturising products: ideally, you should use them after every shower insisting on the relevant areas,
- Make sure you have a balanced diet, an adequate iron intake to allow your skin to self-protect, as well as a good zinc intake for your skin elasticity (favour whole grain products for instance),
- Monitor your nutrition in order to get the healthiest weight gain possible.
Which products should you use?
- Moisturisers and oils with rich and hydrating products: shea butter, coconut oil, hyaluronic acid (which helps collagen production and hydration) but also Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) for its hydrating and protecting properties.
- Massage your body to ease moisturisers’ penetration. It will also help skin regeneration, particularly with the palpate-roll technique explained in this video.
We suggest you these kinds of products: